Product feedback surveys are a great type of market research to measure customer satisfaction and areas of improvement before or after launching a new product.
It is the best approach to understanding exactly what customers think and perceives about your new business venture.
In this blog post, our market research company will explore what product feedback surveys are, what they can be used for, and survey questions examples!
Still in the initial phases of product creation? Read our blog post, Market Research for New Product Development.
Defining Product Feedback Surveys
So you created a great product but want to know what your customers feel about it?
Product feedback surveys are typically an online questionnaire fielded to customers and/or non-customers that make up your target audience.
Product feedback surveys are a great tool for a company to use to get feedback from their customers.
Furthermore, they are a great way to identify weak points in a product and get to know the customer's genuine experiences.
When to Use Product Feedback Surveys
As mentioned before, using product feedback surveys can be a valuable and inexpensive market research tool.
Therefore, sending these kinds of surveys to your customers can help you gain the following insights:
- Usability testing: how well does this product work in a consumer’s home/business?
- Adjusting features: is there anything that could be improved or changed?
- Understand your customers: surveys offer a unique opportunity for customers to share what they like and dislike about the product.
- Generate personal recommendations: when you ask for customer feedback, they feel valued as an integral part of your company’s growth and success.
- Making better business decisions: time and resources are valuable, so it’s important to understand how to make sure that your product is the best on the market.
Product Feedback Survey Question Examples
In order to get started, here are some suggestions of questions to use in your own product feedback survey,
- How likely are you to recommend this product to others?
- How would you describe how our products compare to our competitors’?
- Which features of this product are most valuable to you?
- How frequently do you use this product?
- If you could change one feature about this product, what would it be?
- How would you rate the value of this product for the amount it costs?
- How could we improve this product to better meet your needs?
Process of Conducting Product Feedback Surveys
Conducting product feedback surveys with a third-party market research company is the best way to gather quality, in-depth feedback from targeted consumers.
Our market research company follows a streamlined approach when executing product feedback surveys for our clients.
From project sign-off to completion, we will act as an extension of your team.
Below is an outline of the process you can expect when working with our team of certified market research professionals.
- Project Sign-Off: All market research projects start with a signed proposal. This details the project timeline, deliverables, and scope.
- Kickoff Meeting: Here is when you’ll meet your dedicated project team. They will ask a series of questions to familiarize them with the goals and objectives.
- Design the Product Feedback Survey: Based on your objectives and target audience, our team will write a custom survey.
- Program and Test the Product Feedback Survey: Once you approve of the survey, our team programs and test the questionnaire before sending it to fieldwork.
- Launch the Product Feedback Survey: Survey fieldwork is executed in two phases: a soft launch and a full launch. The soft launch assures data is being collected as predicted.
- Clean, Analyze, Report Consumer Findings: Our team begins cleaning and checking survey data as soon as it is in fieldwork. All responses are check for duplicate responses, survey bots, and other quality checks.
- Debrief Meeting: During the final meeting our project team will walk you through the market research report page by page and share our expert recommendations.
Overall, data generated from product feedback surveys are just a small way that can make your business and products better for long-term growth.
If done correctly, information gathered from these surveys can lead to increased customer loyalty and satisfaction, and higher sales and revenue.
Drive Research is a national market research company that specializes in product feedback surveys.
Interested in getting a project quote? Contact our team today!
- Message us on our website
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at 888-725-DATA
- Text us at 315-303-2040