Keeping your employees engaged and satisfied is critical if you plan to grow your engineering company and delight your customers.
Conducting an employee survey for your engineering firm is a great tool to understand improvement areas and drivers to overall satisfaction. Better yet, it is an opportunity to show your team you value and care about their feedback.
Our employee survey company recently completed a study for an engineering company to accomplish just that. Keep reading to learn about the project’s objectives, approach, and end results.
Objectives of the Engineering Employee Survey
Recently, an engineering company hired Drive Research to conduct an email survey with employees. The email survey involved reaching out to employees of the organization to request feedback.
The market research provided the engineering company with definitive, measurable, and actionable feedback to guide the next steps with employee engagement.
More specifically, the engineering client was interested in acquiring team input on telework since COVID-19, diversity, and other objectives.
Surveying Employees of the Engineering Company
To address the objectives of the employee survey, Drive Research recommended using an email survey to employees to collect feedback.
Employee online surveys are often selected because they are the cost-effective market research methodology that also provides quick, measurable, and quality results.
The process of the third-party employee survey conducted by Drive Research included:
- Decision-makers of the engineering company contacted our employee survey company.
- Drive Research communicated back and forth to gather enough information and create a custom proposal.
- The engineering firm reviewed, signed, and returned the market research proposal.
- The Drive Research team hosted a project kickoff meeting with the client.
- Based on these conversations, our employee engagement firm wrote, programmed, and tested the online employee survey.
- The client reviewed and tested the survey before launch.
- Upon the client’s approval, the Drive Research team sent an email invitation survey link to employees of the engineering company.
- Once the estimated number of responses were collected, our employee survey firm began reviewing and analyzing the data.
- Drive Research wrote and shared a comprehensive employee survey report with the client.
- The Drive Research team and the engineering company met for a debrief meeting to discuss the report and answer any questions.
To learn more about our in-depth market research process read, Using a Third-Party for Employee Surveys.
Engineering Employee Survey Sections
The sections of an employee survey can be customized to meet the needs of the organization.
In addition to asking custom questions, our employee survey company recommends including benchmark survey questions to compare results with industry standards.
By asking a few standardized questions, the results from your employee survey can be compared to others (i.e., by industry, organization size, region).
Additionally, the benchmark data is refreshed every three months to reflect the latest changes in the industry, location, and size comparison groups.
Employee survey sections typically included:
- Overall satisfaction (not a benchmark section)
- Career development
- Work engagement and motivation
- Relationship management
- Work environment
- Final thoughts and comments (not a benchmark section)
If provided, a market research company can also seed the following data into each survey case and append it to the feedback for additional analysis:
- Job title
- Date of hire
- Date of birth
- Job role
Employee Survey Findings for the Engineering Firm
The employee survey took an average of 16 minutes to complete and included 55 questions. The survey received 94 responses. The overall response rate was 72%.
Fieldwork for the survey began on June 8 and lasted until July 6, 2021.
After fieldwork was completed, the engineering firm received a comprehensive report including:
- An executive summary/topline of critical themes
- Recommendations and action items
- An infographic (one-page graphical summary)
- Question-by-question results
Interested in learning more about reporting? Here's how to write an employee survey report.
Drive Research is a national employee survey company located in Upstate New York. Our team partners with businesses across the country to deliver confidential, high-quality survey results. Plus, we add a level of consultation to every project so your HR and leadership teams understand what action they should take from the data.
To learn more about our services, contact Drive Research below.
- Message us on our website
- Email us at [email protected]
- Call us at 888-725-DATA
- Text us at 315-303-2040
As a Senior Research Analyst, Emily is approaching a decade of experience in the market research industry and loves to challenge the status quo. She is a certified VoC professional with a passion for storytelling.
Learn more about Emily, here.