Wondering how to contact an online survey for a retail store? Our market research company has you covered!
This post answers the following questions:
- What were the objectives of the retail store survey?
- What was the approach to the retail store survey?
- What questions were asked in the retail store survey?
- What was included in the retail store survey report?
Learn more about the best practices to conduct a retail store online survey below.
What were the objectives of the retail store survey?
The survey addressed several core objectives for the retail store.
The market research objectives included collecting feedback and data on:
- Changing business models
- Inventory needs and options
- Customer expectations
- Awareness of services
- In-store experience
Our online survey company also addressed other primary and secondary objectives of the market research.
The outcomes of the market research aided our retail store client with operations, marketing, and strategy.
What was the approach to the retail store survey?
To address the objectives at-hand, our retail market research company recommended using an online survey.
Retail Store Online Survey Details
The survey took an average of 10 minutes to complete and included 41 questions. The survey received 106 responses.
Fieldwork for the survey began on November 16 and lasted until December 1, 2020.
With a probabilistic sample, a total of 106 responses at the 95% confidence level offers a 10% margin of error.
If the online retail survey were conducted with another random pool of 106 respondents, the results would yield within +10% or -10% of the stated totals in the reports.
What questions were asked in the retail store survey?
Here are a few example questions that could be used in a retail store survey.
- Thinking about [insert retail industry] stores, what store name comes to mind first? Enter your response below.
- Which of the following [insert retail industry] stores are you aware of? Select all that apply.
- Based on your knowledge, what is your perception of the following store(s)? Select a rating for each.
- [If perception is negative or positive] Explain why you rated your perception of [insert retail store] as [insert response]. Enter your response below.
- Which of the following [insert retail industry] stores do you shop at most frequently? Select one.
- What products and services are you aware [insert retail store] offers? Select all that apply.
- What products and services do you visit [insert retail store] for? Select all that apply.
- How would you rate your level of satisfaction with the in-store experience at [insert retail store]? [Insert retail store] is... Select a rating.
- How would you rate your level of satisfaction with the online store experience at [insert retail store]? [Insert retail store] is... Select a rating.
- [If the perception of the store is positive] Would you be willing to write a review for [insert retail store] on Google? Select one.
What was included in the retail store survey report?
The report included several components for our retail client.
- Background and methodology
- An executive summary of themes with recommendations
- A snapshot of the results
- An infographic
- Customer personas
- Next steps for market research
Additionally, the appendix includes a detailed question-by-question breakdown of the results. The results remain confidential with the client.
The key findings answered the following questions:
- What's the awareness of industry retail stores?
- What's the perception of industry retail stores?
- What's the store experience like?
- What expectations do decision-makers have?
- What's most important to decision-makers?
Drive Research, a national market research company, partners with retail brands across the country. Our team provides in-depth, valuable insights for retail brands looking to conduct quantitative or qualitative market research.
Interested in conducting a market research study for your retail brand or location? Contact Drive Research today!
- Message us on our website
- Email us at [email protected]
- Call us at 888-725-DATA
- Text us at 315-303-2040
As a Senior Research Analyst, Emily is approaching a decade of experience in the market research industry and loves to challenge the status quo. She is a certified VoC professional with a passion for storytelling.
Learn more about Emily, here.