After last year’s socially distanced Halloween, we’re due for a big comeback this upcoming season. Luckily with the majority of New Yorkers getting their vaccinations, people are feeling more comfortable about trick-or-treating.
Our market research company in New York wants you to be prepared for what candy is most popular in your DMA. Whether you live in Albany or New York City, we have the data to support what Halloween candy is most popular in your area.
Drive Research surveyed over 500 people across all NY DMAs and asked, “What is your favorite Halloween candy?”
Here are the results.
Overall, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was the most popular Halloween candy by 60% of respondents. The two outliers were New York DMA and Plattsburg DMA.
- New York DMA: 53% of respondents said Kit Kat was their favorite Halloween candy.
- Plattsburg DMA: 55% of respondents said M&Ms was their favorite Halloween candy.
About the Study
- The survey received 502 responses
- Fieldwork was conducted with adult residents (18 years or older) of New York State.
- Fieldwork for the survey began on September 7th and lasted united September 10th, 2021.
- What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Our market research company also asked questions regarding favorite NFL teams and seasonal coffee brands. Read the results by clicking each link below.
- Most Popular Seasonal Coffee Brand by New York State DMAs
- 2022 Super Bowl LVI Predictions By New York State DMA
Respondent Profile (By Gender)
- 18% of respondents were male.
- 81% of respondents were female.
- 1% of respondents were nonbinary.
Respondent Profile (By Age)
- 7% of respondents were Generation Z.
- 31% of respondents were Millennials.
- 20% of respondents were Generation X.
- 38% of respondents were Baby Boomers.
- 4% of respondents were Traditionalists.
Other Interesting Stats for Halloween 2021
According to the National Retail Federation, consumer spending on Halloween-related items is expected to reach an all-time high of $10.14 billion.
In comparison to previous years, this dollar amount is up from $8.05 billion in 2020.
What are Americans spending money on as it pertains to Halloween? Here are some additional findings from the NRF and Prosper Insights & Analytics 2021 Halloween Survey.
- Costumes: $3.32 billion (compared to $2.61 billion in 2020)
- Decorations: $3.17 billion (compared to $2.59 billion in 2020)
- Candy: $3 billion (compared to $2.14 billion in 2020)
- Greeting cards: $0.66 billion (compared to $0.44 billion in 2020)
About Drive Research
Drive Research is a national PR survey company located in New York. Our market research firm works with a variety of organizations, helping deliver insights, action items, and ROI on their survey efforts.
Our research has been featured in top-tier media outlets including USA Today, CNBC, Forbes, Spectrum, Yahoo Finance, and Statista.
To learn more about our market research services, contact our team today.
- Message us on our website
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 888-725-DATA
- Text us at 315-303-2040
A SUNY Cortland graduate, Emily has taken her passion for social and content marketing to Drive Research as the Marketing Manager. She has earned certificates for both Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
Learn more about Emily, here.