Market research comes in all shapes and sizes. Oftentimes the structure of a research project is dependent on the type of respondent or participant brands want to gather feedback on.
For example, conducting market research with gastroenterologists is much different than surveying anyone who shops at Target.
It requires different best practices and processes to accomplish a successful study with doctors who are constantly on the move. Luckily our healthcare market research firm can share some insight into this audience.
Learn more about the challenges, solutions, and approach to conducting market research with gastroenterologists by reading the detailed case study below.
Are you looking to conduct market research with gastroenterologists but don't know where to get started? Look no further. Our healthcare market research firm shares a recent case study where we surveyed practicing physicians in this post.
Challenges Facing the Healthcare Organization
The healthcare organization is on a mission to enhance the quality and delivery of personalized care for those with chronic conditions such as Crohn’s Disease and IBD patients.
In part of this mission, our client was challenged with gathering feedback from gastroenterologists.
They hoped to measure doctors’ and specialist nurses’ interest in using a resilience-building multidisciplinary digital solution to co-manage IBD patients.
Solution: Conducting an Online Survey with Gastroenterologists
After understanding the challenges and objectives of the healthcare provider Drive Research recommended conducting an online survey.
The market research would target gastroenterologists (MDs and NPs) among providers in the United Kingdom. More specifically, the survey gathered feedback from practicing physicians, not residents or fellows.
The data and insights gathered from this audience would help our client create a complementary resilience-building multidisciplinary network that would be extremely appealing for gastroenterologists to join and co-manage IBD patients.
Approach to Conducting Market Research with Gastroenterologists
While our healthcare market research company offers end-to-end project management services, the versioned survey script was drafted by the client.
Upon approval, Drive Research programmed and tested the online survey before launching it to gastroenterologists.
The process of conducting an online survey with gastroenterologists included:
- Signed proposal
- Kickoff meeting
- Drive Research programming the 2-minute survey into our survey software
- Making suggestions on wording and questions
- Soft-launching the survey with 10-20 gastroenterologists to start before the full-launch
- Quality-check responses using Drive Research audit checklist
- Sending the healthcare client a passcode-protected online portal of graphs tabulated in real-time
Fieldwork lasted 1-2 weeks. As a final deliverable, the healthcare provider received a final data file in CSV with raw responses from all survey respondents.
Sample Survey Questions for Gastroenterologists
- What is the specialty of the practice where you currently work?
- Do you currently manage patients with IBD, including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis?
- In what hospital office setting do you mainly practice?
- Please rate the value of the following benefits of becoming a Certified IBD Provider and co-managing patients with a remote Resilience-Building Multidisciplinary Team.
- Please rate the value of the following free features of a remote resilience-building multidisciplinary co-management solution
- Are there any other features in this complementary resilience-building multidisciplinary solution that would benefit you and your patients?
- Do you have any additional feedback or questions about this resilience-building multidisciplinary solution to co-manage your IBD patients?
Findings from the Online Survey with Gastroenterologists
As with all market research studies commissioned by Drive Research, the exact findings remain private with the end client.
The online survey was successful in providing the healthcare organization with data needed to improve their multidisciplinary digital solution network.
For example, gastroenterologists shared feedback on components such as:
- Percentage of gastroenterologists interested in joining the Certified IBD Provider Network.
- Top benefits of becoming a Certified IBD Provider in the U.S.
- Top benefits of becoming a Certified IBD Provider in the U.K.
- Main differences between benefits of becoming a Certified IBD Provider in the U.S. vs. the U.K.
- Top free features gastroenterologists would most be interested in.
With these unique findings in hand, the healthcare agency will be able to improve its service offerings with data-driven decision-making rather than making general assumptions.
Drive Research is a full-service market research company specializing in various industries including healthcare. Our team has commissioned various research studies with patients, doctors, healthcare decision-makers, and other medical personnel.
Interested in partnering with Drive Research? Learn more about our services or contact our team today.
- Message us on our website
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at 888-725-DATA
- Text us at 315-303-2040
A SUNY Cortland graduate, Emily has taken her passion for social and content marketing to Drive Research as the Marketing Coordinator. She has earned certificates for both Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
Learn more about Emily, here.