We always knew Central New Yorkers loved beer, but now we have the data to support it. Drive Research conducted a Central New York Beer Survey which asked important questions to area residents about their favorite brews.
The online survey received 493 responses from those who live in the 7 county Syracuse designated market area (DMA). The survey was shared via Facebook postings and outreach to local members of the Drive Research survey panel. Drive Research fielded the survey from January 25 to February 17, 2019.
Respondents took an average of 6 minutes to answer the 14 questions, likely thirsty by the end. Keep reading below to get an inside look at the 10 most interesting findings of CNY beer drinkers from the survey.
We enjoy our beer here in Central New York so much we felt it deserved a survey all by itself. Check out the top 10 fun facts from the study.
1. Someone you know and love is a beer snob.
2. Drinking beer from an ice luge has a niche community.
3. Who says you can't drink beer in the shower?
4. Classic American foods pair best with beer.
5. Beer preference changes with the four seasons in CNY.
6. Millennials and their parents probably drink different beer.
7. If stranded on a desert island, CNY residents wouldn't be able to agree on what beer to bring.
8. CNY residents would go to great lengths for their favorite beer at a BBQ.
9. The most important factors when it comes to beer are taste, brand, and being locally brewed.
10. There is widespread interest in craft beer and breweries.