In today's highly competitive casino industry, understanding customer preferences and behavior is crucial for casinos to stay ahead of the curve.
Casino customer surveys help to understand visitor preferences & behaviors to remain ahead in a competitive industry. This article shares how to survey casino members and customers.
One way to gain valuable insights into the minds of casino goers and gamers is through customer satisfaction surveys.
Casino customer surveys can help your entertainment center:
- Determine which games are the most popular
- Which amenities do customers value the most
- What factors influence customers' decisions to visit a particular casino
With these types of insights, marketers and decision-makers can create more successful advertising campaigns and sales strategies to generate more guest visits.
In this blog post, our customer satisfaction survey company looks at how to poll casino customers and players and how surveys can help casinos thrive in a highly competitive industry.
Benefits of Conducting Casino Customer Surveys
Casinos are popular destinations for entertainment, gambling, and gaming. Therefore, they attract a wide variety of audiences and demographics that all have different expectations, preferences, and behaviors.
Surveying casino goers and players can provide valuable insights into each customer segment, providing marketers and leadership teams with the data they need to make impactful decisions.
Here are some more tangible benefits of conducting casino customer satisfaction surveys:
- Improve guest experiences: Consider asking questions about experiences with the brand to learn more about its strengths and weaknesses. For example, consider your rewards program, attributes, offerings, services, amenities, and more.
Identifying areas for improvement: Surveying casino customers and players can help identify areas where casinos may be falling short, such as cleanliness, amenities, or entertainment options. This information can be used to make improvements and attract more customers.
- Create data-driven marketing strategies: Wondering how your ads are landing? Surveying casino goers will help test your advertising. Consider testing videos, print, awareness of current advertising methods, and preferences to learn more about casinos.
- Identify KPIs: Some core metrics to measure in a survey for casino goers include awareness, perception, usage, and drivers choosing a casino. Each of these metrics can be helpful in understanding how a casino brand fits within the marketplace.
Collecting data on customer demographics: Surveys can provide data for better customer segmentation. They identify key demographics, such as age, gender, and income. This information can be used to tailor marketing efforts and improve services for specific customer groups.
Overall, casino customer surveys can help casinos understand their customers better, improve their services, and ultimately increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
💡 The Key Takeaway: Advantages of surveying casino customers and gamers include learning more about improving guest experiences, marketing strategies, and improving your position in the marketplace.
How to Conduct a Casino Customer Survey
Looking for an overview of how to survey casino goers, members, or customers? Our market research company has you covered!
Learn more about the steps to conducting an online customer survey below.
The kickoff meeting starts the process between the online survey company and the stakeholders of a casino.
During this meeting, the market research team will discuss the objectives of the study.
- How the results will be used
- What the team is hoping to learn from the research
- The process/timeline for the casino customer survey
- Deliverables for the study
And any other specific details of the study such as targeting criteria, incentives, and response goals.
2. Survey design and programming
After the kickoff meeting is complete, Drive Research, or your customer survey company of choice, will begin writing the survey.
When the survey is finalized and signed off on by casino stakeholders, the team will begin the programming and testing process.
I recommend following our online survey testing checklist if conducting the study in-house.
3. Collecting casino customer feedback
When testing is complete, the online survey agency will begin fieldwork with a soft launch.
The soft launch helps the research team confirm everything is working and being comprehended as intended.
After the results of the soft launch are complete (typically within ~24 to 48 hours), the survey will be fully launched.
Depending on the goals for fieldwork, it may take 1 to 3 weeks to complete. Although, our customer survey firm provides clients with a live reporting portal to see results as soon as they come in.
Throughout fieldwork, the team will complete data quality checks to ensure high data quality. Use these tips to spot poor-quality survey respondents.
Use our interactive link to see how the client portal works
4. Analysis and reporting
Once fieldwork for the casino customer survey is complete, it's time to begin analysis and reporting.
Depending on the deliverables for the study this process may take ~48 hours to complete for simple data portals, ~1 week for a topline overview report, and ~2 weeks for a comprehensive market research report.
5. Debrief meeting
After the report is complete, the teams can meet to discuss the research results and answer any questions.
From our experience, these meetings typically last ~60 minutes. After the meeting, the casino customer survey company can make any edits if necessary.
💡 The Key Takeaway: The process of surveying casino goers is easy (especially with the help of an online survey company). All-in-all, the process typically takes 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
Example Casino Customer Survey Questions
In addition to measuring casino customer satisfaction, casino customer survey questions can also center around their awareness of competitors, perceptions, usage, and other topics.
Here are example casino customer survey questions for a winning study:
- Which of the following casinos are you aware of? Select all that apply.
- [Show casinos respondents are aware of only] Thinking about the following casino brand(s), what is the first word or phrase that comes to mind for each?
- [Show casinos respondents are aware of only] What is your perception of the following casino(s)? Select one in each row.
- How often do you typically visit the following casino(s)? Select one in each row.
- How long do you typically stay at the casino?
- What are the primary reasons you visit [insert Casino Name]?
- What (if anything) would make you visit [insert Casino Name] more often?
- How much money do you typically spend during a visit to the casino?
- What are your favorite games to play at the casino?
- Where have you seen/heard information about [insert Casino Name] in the past 3 months?
- How would you prefer to learn about [insert Casino Name]?
- How satisfied are you with the customer service provided by the casino staff?
- How likely are you to recommend this casino to friends or family members?
- How likely are you to return to this casino in the future?
These questions can help the casino understand its customers' preferences and areas of improvement, which can lead to a more enjoyable experience and increased loyalty.
💡 The Key Takeaway: These are just a few examples of what questions to include in a casino customer survey. It’s important to remember each survey can be uniquely customized based on the goals and objectives of each casino.
Are you a casino operator looking to improve your customer experience? Conducting a customer survey can help you understand what your customers want and how you can improve their experience.
Don't wait any longer, start planning your casino customer survey with Drive Research today.
Our market research company offers end-to-end project management including customer survey design, programming, fielding, testing, and analyzing.
Contact Drive Research and take the first step towards providing your casino customers with an exceptional experience they won't forget.
- Message us on our website
- Email us at [email protected]
- Call us at 888-725-DATA
- Text us at 315-303-2040
As a Research Manager, Emily is approaching a decade of experience in the market research industry and loves to challenge the status quo. She is a certified VoC professional with a passion for storytelling.
Learn more about Emily, here.