Find out more about your event from attendees, participants, and others with this list of event survey questions we picked.
Generally, all feedback is good feedback but it’s important to have an engaging survey that won’t scare off your event-goers.
A lot of companies lose precious feedback from using boring questions or asking the wrong things. When using the right survey you’ll get all the feedback you need (both positive and negative).
In this article, you’ll find event survey questions we chose that can help you measure the outcome of your event and meet all your future event goals.
Get more info on event surveys and how they can help your company reach their goals. Have all your event survey needs met by Drive Research. Contact us today by filling out an online form or emailing [email protected].
What is an event survey?
Event surveys are a series of questions made to collect feedback and data from the attendees and participants of your event.
Additionally, pre-event surveys, during-event surveys, and post-event surveys can be a part of your event survey strategy as long as you have the right distribution method and strategy.
Successful strategies can depend on your company's goals and the type of event.
Whether your goal is to build a case for generating more revenue, improving future events, or just creating a better event experience, event surveys give organizers a lot of insight into how event-goers feel.
How to use event surveys
Whether you’re doing event surveys completely on your own, with a survey tool, or a third-party online survey agency there are things to consider to make your survey efforts successful (you need a strategy!).
Things like how you’ll distribute your surveys before or after the event. Even other things you may not have considered yet like how you’ll keep the survey data accurate after all participants have submitted feedback.
If you’re looking for more event survey insights, keep reading.
Types of Questions For An Event Survey
There are different types of questions used in event surveys all with different purposes. Here’s what we mean:
- NPS Questions: A multiple-choice question that asks participants to rate an item on a numeric standard NPS scale. The resulting values determine the net promoter score (NPS) for the question.
- Yes-no Questions: A binary question that is often followed by an open-ended question for more clarification based on conditional logic.
- Open-ended Questions: While harder to analyze, open-ended questions can provide valuable qualitative feedback (when analyzed properly).
You’ll want to use a variety of questions not only for more detailed feedback and data but to help keep your survey engaging (and not boring).
A lot of companies forget that real people are behind these surveys and real people do not like to take long and unengaging surveys that feel like torture. For the best data, it’s helpful to think of the survey experience.
Keep reading to see our full list of event survey questions.
Our list of event survey questions
- What is your level of satisfaction with this event?
- Which elements of the event did you like the most?
- What, if anything, did you dislike about this event?
- Are you likely to participate in one of our events in the future?
- How likely are you to tell a friend about this event?
- Is there anything else you would like us to know?
- Why did you choose to attend our event and what are you hoping to take away from the experience?
- What did you most enjoy about today?
- Did you have any issues registering for or attending this event?
- How did you feel about the duration of the content?
- How did you hear about this event?
- Are you interested in volunteering with us in the future?
- Please share your thoughts on the event as a whole.
- Did this year’s event meet your expectations? Why or why not?
- How would you rate the organization of this event?
- Do you think the event met its goals?
- How satisfied were you with the platform experience?
- What features did you like best about the event experience?
- Did you find the event easy to navigate?
How to survey virtual event attendees
A virtual event typically requires different planning and that includes event surveys.
With virtual events distribution may be slightly different and the questions should be worded more specifically. It would be possible to ask questions about the software used, the accessibility, or the ease of digitally navigating the event.
Here are ways to survey virtual events attendees:
- Get their full contact information at registration
- Make the survey anonymous
- Choose different incentives
- Seek specific feedback on the effectiveness of virtual events: Ask direct and closed-ended questions
- Keep your survey short and engaging (customizing helps)
Here are some virtual event survey questions you can ask:
- What were your favorite virtual features?
- How easy-to-navigate was the platform for the event?
- How satisfied were you with the virtual experience?
- Why did you attend this event?
- How would you rate your experience talking to virtual attendees?
Do More With Event Survey Question Data
Event engagement is connected to a lot more than just revenue.
With the help of event surveys, you can ask “How do I know if my event was successful?” and find data to help you answer the questions properly.
When writing your custom survey, keep these in mind:
- Try to get feedback from all parties involved. Organizers behind the scenes, employees at the event, attendees, and even sponsors of the event can give feedback.
- People love to share their opinion with a good survey, keep your survey detailed and engaging.
- Find your supporters and focus on winning over your neutrals, as we like to call it. Find those that loved your event and use their feedback to help you win over people that felt neutral or not super strongly about your event.
- If you don’t know, ask. People love helping others (and talking about themselves), so they’ll be happy to share their experiences if asked properly.
Drive Research is a full-service market research company, specializing in various event market research studies such as surveys, focus groups, IDIs, and more. More specifically, our team can provide assistance with all aspects of your event survey. From survey design and programming, to fieldwork and data cleaning, to analysis and reporting.
To learn more about our pricing, contact us today.
- Message us on our website
- Email us at [email protected]
- Call us at 888-725-DATA
- Text us at 315-303-2040
Austin has an extensive background in SEO as he's been blogging since 16 years old back when the internet was in its infancy. As fitting, he holds a Bachelor's degree in English with a concentration in creative writing.
Learn more about Austin, here.